MCWRA Calendar of Events
Next Board meeting is Saturday, January 12th, 2019 in the basement of the State Capitol in Jefferson City. General meeting at 10 a.m.
2018 MCWRA EVENTS (Max Effort & Listed)
September 15-16, 2018 - Hermann, MO (annual event) - Listed Event
September 28-30, 2018 - Mexico, MO (annual event) - Listed Event
September 29, 2018 - Newtonia, MO - Listed Event
October 27, 2018 - Lexington, MO - Listed Event
- Local Event - Battles will be on the bluff at Hermann Farm
- Location: Hermann is on the MO river between St. Louis & Jefferson City
- Contact: David Plummer 417-773-1457, email@example.com
This replaces the cancelled Battle of Lexington reenactment originally schedule for this weekend.
- Living History with multiple scenarios in town and at Park. Includes fashion show, assault on Anderson House and candlelight tour - See Flyer for details
- Location: Lexington is on Missouri River east of Kansas City
- Skirmish is invitation only. Civilians needed for the Candlelight Tour and other civilian activities downtown Lexington. Soldiers needed for Candlelight Tour.
- MCWRA contact: Deby Thompson, 573-592-9802; fashion show contact, Jean Warren (James Country Mercantile)
Projected 2019 Events
May 27, 2019 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Approved MCWRA Listed
July 4, 2019 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Approved MCWRA Listed
- Living history at Fort D
- Location: Cape Girardeau is in SE MO on Mississippi River.
- Contact: Patty House, 573-651-3782 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Website: fortdhistoricsite.com
August 3-4, 2019 - Athens, MO - Approved MCWRA Max Effort
- Living history at Fort D - see May listing for details/li>
September 2, 2019 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Approved MCWRA Listed
Postponed to 2021: Lexington, MO - Projected MCWRA Max Effort
October 4-6, 2019 - Willow Springs, MO - Projected MCWRA Max Effort
- Reenactment of 1861 battle on original field
- Location: Battle of Athens State Historic Site is in far Northeastern MO, on Des Moines River, off MO-81.
- MCWRA Contact: Charles Cunningham, 573-682-1308, email@example.com
October 18-20, 2019 - Smithville, MO - Possible MCWRA Max Effort
- Skirmish of Hutton Valley - See Poster
- Location: Willow Springs is in South-central MO, near junction of US-60 and US-63
- MCWRA Contact: Ron Ulrich
- Battles Sat (Camden Point) and Sunday (generic)
- Location: Smithville is north of Kansas City on US-169
- Contact: Patrick Henderson, 816-277-8707, firstname.lastname@example.org
©2017-8 Missouri Civil War Reenactors Association